News on paper arts, encompassing rubber stamps, scrapbooking, art journals, handmade books, handmade paper, and mixed media art. Updates on classes, online tutorials, new books, and new products. Links to cool blogs.
Doodles Unleashed
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
As announced on her blog, Traci Bautista's new book, Doodles Unleashed, is available for pre-order at Amazon.com.
The Cloth Paper Scissors Book by Barbara Delaney is also available for pre-order.
Gelli Arts recently released some new printing combs . I decided to make some prints using tools I already had on hand. (Said tools were photographed but not uploaded. Ahem.) I used a Catalyst Contour C-22 tool , and two combing tools made from old gift cards. Several layers of ghost prints. This is a print I made in the spring, during the Strathmore Online Workshop with Traci Bautista. Green and gold paints combed and overprinted atop magenta and yellow paints. Simple gold over green. One of my favorites.
Just a quick post with more shapes made on the Gelli plate. Included some layered ghost prints, too. The first four prints are ghosts made were made on drawing paper. The last two—one a ghost and the other a first pull—were printed on ordinary copy paper. I used Liquitex Basics, Golden fluid acrylics, and Golden open medium.
While this blog is rather low on photos and tutorials, I thought I would include a picture of some tags I made with Dylusions spray inks and black paint. I've added some distressed dots to the middle tag since the picture was taken. I had sprayed the tags with Vibrant turquoise Dylusions spray and had used the ghost stenciling and printing technique on them. Ghost stenciling involves spraying water through a stencil onto a surface that already has some water-reactive ink—such as Dylusions—on it. After ten seconds or so, you blot up the water, which leaves behind a stenciled image that is lighter than the surrounding inked surface. You can then take the wet stencil, turn it over onto a surface that also has been covered with some water-reactive ink and use the wet stencil to make a ghost "print." Just press with your hands or a brayer to make sure the stencil makes good contact with your surface. Blot up excess water with a so...
Comments
Post a Comment